You can take a screen shot of what you see on your computer screen by using the Print Screen (PRT SCR) key on your keyboard and a program such as MS Paint or MS Word. There are two steps to creating and saving a screen shot: copying the image and saving the image.
Copy the Image
- Go to the screen you wish to take a picture of (print screen).
- Press PRT SCR (or similar) key on your keyboard.
Paste and Save the Image
For this example, MS Paint is used; however, you can use many programs such as MS Word, MS PowerPoint, or MS Publisher to paste the screen shot.
- Open MS Paint (START > All Programs > Accessories > Paint).
- Once MS Paint has opened, go to Edit > Paste.
- Work with the image. Make it the way you want by cropping and other adjustments.
- OPTIONAL: Save the file (File > Save As…) to somewhere you will be able to find it such as your Desktop or T: drive.