If you have a confidential print job and you are unable to be present at a campus copier, you can have the copier “save” a print job until you actually go to the copier and print it using a password.
At your Computer
- Access the Print menu as usual (this depends on the application you are currently using. Typically, it is File > Print or CTRL+P).
- Choose the a campus copier from the Printer drop-down menu.
- Click Printer Properties.
- Change the Print Job to Private Print.
- Click the button with three dots next to the Print Job menu.
- Enter a Password (cannot be your SJY IT network password. It can be any 4-8 digits you choose).
- Click OK to set the password.
- Click OK to the printer properties.
- Click OK to being the print job. The job will be “sent” to the copier but it will not print yet.
At the copier
- Enter the Printer mode by tapping the Printer option.
- On the Print screen, tap your username.
- Use the keypad to enter your numeric password that you assigned earlier at your computer workstation.
- Tap OK.
- Select your locked printer job.
- Press Print.