- Create a new assignment in each CORE subject (Math, Science, ILA, Social Studies, and Religion).
- Place STANDARDS in the heading of the assignment.
- Give the assignment a point value of 1.
- Give the assignment a weight of 1.
- Give the assignment the category DTP.
- DO NOT ENTER ANY GRADES IN THIS ASSIGNMENT. Assign all the standards for that subject. You can only assign 4 standards at a time. Those subjects with a lot of standards will require you to open the gradebook, find the STANDARDS assignment, look to the right and click on the standards link. Add any of the remaining standards to this assignment.
- Please do note delete this assignment. It will be used for the second and third trimesters.
- Force the grades for each of the core subjects.
Second and Third Trimesters
For all of the subjects on the grade report (Math, ILA, Science, Social Studies, etc.), we created an assignment which has all of the standards attached to it. This assignment is called Standards. The computer needs a master list of all standards to know which standards do not have a graded assignment attached to it. Then the computer will know to place an N on that line of the report card.
However, for the second and third trimesters, we need to assign the Instruction Plan for the Standards assignments to your second and third trimester gradebooks. Please follow these instrucions:
- Log in to Classroll.
- At the Teacher Main window, look for the column labeled Instruction Plan and click on Plan 1 for the class that you want. (For example, Social Studies B 4)
- A new window should open called View Instruction Plan for: Social Studies B 4. You should see a list of all of the assignments/instruction plans that you have created in Classroll for that class.
- Look for the standards assignment under the Heading column.
- Under the Lesson column for the standards assignment, click on Assign.
- A new window will open. You will need to check the class or classes that will need those standards (For example, those grades who switch classes, you can check more than one class such as Social Studies B 4 & Social Studies A 4)
- Next, you will need to change the Grading Period from 1 to 2.
- Finally, click on the gray box that says, Submit Changes (which looks and acts the same as Apply Changes.)
- The standards assignment is now in your gradebook(s) and the computer will check to see if there are any grades for those standards. If there are no grades, Classroll will know to put a N on the report card for the 2nd trimester.