According to the Parish IT Acceptable Use Policy, users are required to lock their computer if they leave it unattended. Directions on how to do this immediately can be found at Lock Your Computer. A user can also have the computer auto-lock after a specific amount of time if the policy is not set by Group Policy on the server.
To set your computer to auto-lock when the screen saver activates,
- right-click on the desktop and select Personalize.
- Click Screen Saver at the bottom of the window. A new window will appear.
- Make sure that a screen saver is enabled (the None option is NOT selected).
- Set the wait time of inactivity the computer should wait before enabling the screen saver.
- Check the box labeled On resume, display logon screen.
- Click Apply.
- Click OK.
NOTE: Some users have this setting automatically checked due to the security group they fall under. If this is true, users may not have the ability to change this option.
NOTE: Auto-locking should be a “fall back” solution in case you forget to lock your computer. You should manually lock your computer anytime you leave it unattended to prevent unauthorized use.