- Open My Computer and highlight the disk you wish to format (usually a floppy or thumb drive).
- Go to the File menu and go down to Format. A window will appear.
- If you wish to completely re-organize a disk, do not have the Quick Format box checked. If you wish to just have the disk erased, check it.
- If you wish to have a label for your disk, enter the label in the Volume label text area.
- When you have chosen your options, click Start.
- In the Full formatting, it will take a few minutes. In the Quick formatting, it only takes a few seconds.
Print this entry