When you open Microsoft Outlook 2013 for the first time, Outlook needs to create your profile and connect to Microsoft Office 365. Below are the steps needed to properly configure your Outlook profile.
- Open Microsoft Outlook 2013. The Welcome to Microsoft Outlook wizard will appear.
- Click Next at the wizard.
- Click Yes to let Outlook connect to an email account.
- Outlook will user your username to determine your name and email address. It will prepopulate the needed fields. Click Next.
- Outlook will begin to configure your account. This may take anywhere from 30 seconds to five minutes depending on your computer, network traffic, and other factors.
At a certain point during the configuration, Outlook will ask for your Office 365 credentials. Enter your SJY email address and password. Click OK.
- Outlook will confirm that your account has been configured. Click Finish to complete the wizard.
- Outlook will then begin to open. It will prepare for first use and retrieve your mailbox settings. This may take a few minutes. You may be asked to enter your SJY email address and password again.
Once Outlook is configured, your mailbox will load.