You can export data from MMS into an Excel spreadsheet for further manipulation or used in a mail merge.
In MMS Generations,
- click School > School Management Reports > Precision Report Writer (Design Mode).
- Click OK to the MMS Previous Report Writer splash screen.
- Choose the school year(s) from which the data will be filtered. Typically, this is the current school year. Click OK.
- Click the St. Joseph, York directory.
- Click New to start a new report.
- Choose a Request Type and Layout Style. Click OK.
- Provide a Name for the report.
- Provide a Description for the report.
- Click Data Items to select what fields to utilize.
- Double-click on the data field(s) you wish to include in the report.
- Click OK.
- Click Output.
- Set your output type to Report > Columns.
- Set your output location to Send To File…. A Save As dialogue box will appear.
- Click the Save in drop-down and choose T on [computer name] (where [computer name] is name of the computer you are currently working on).
- Enter the name of the file in the Save Request textbox.
- Click Save.
- Set your output type to Spreadsheet > Excel XLS –File Only.
- Click OK.
- Either run or save the report.
- Clicking Run will initialize the report and will save the Excel file in your T: drive where specified.
- Clicking Save as will allow you to save this report for future use. Ensure the Name and Description is correct and click OK.
- Clicking Save will save the report, “as is” in the St. Joseph, York directory.
NOTE: To see directions on using mail merge in Microsoft Word, see this Knowledge Base article.