What is calendar sharing?
When you use Outlook with an Exchange account, calendars can be shared between people. Calendar sharing is not limited to the default Calendar folder that is created in all Outlook profiles. You can create additional calendar folders and choose which of those folders to share. For example, you can create a calendar folder for a specific project and share it with your co-workers. Optionally, you can grant them permission to modify the events and appointments in the calendar.
Calendar sharing works through sharing invitation and sharing request e-mail messages. Sharing invitations offer the recipient access to your calender folder. When you send a sharing invitation for your default Calender folder, you can request access to the recipient’s default Calendar folder.
Outlook Web App
Sharing a calendar will allow others to have more access to your scheduling information than basic Free/Busy indicators.
- In your calendar, click Share.
- Enter the email address for the person with whom you want to share your calendar.
- Next to their name, choose their permission level (see table above).
- Add a subject for the invitation.
- Use the Calendar drop-down menu to select the calendar you wish to share.
- Click Send.