A distribution list allows you to send mail to multiple contacts by selecting only one recipient. There are different ways to create a list depending on whether you are using Outlook 2013 or the Outlook Web App to create the list.
Creating a Distribution List in Outlook 2013
- Enter the People section of Outlook.
- Click New Contact Group.
- In the Name textbox, input a name for your list.
- Click the Add Members button to add new members from your Outlook contacts, your address book, or a new email contact.
- Click Save and Close.
NOTE: If you wish to delete a member from the distribution list, click on the member and then click Remove in the Members group. If you wish to delete the entire distribution list, click Delete in the Actions group.
Creating a Distribution List (Group) in Outlook Web App
- Click the People button at the bottom of the left-hand pane.
- Create a group by clicking the arrow next to New Contact and selecting New Group.
- In the New Group window, enter a name and description for your group, and select your privacy settings.
- Click Create.
- In the Add Members window, enter the name or email address of the people you would like to add.
- Click Add to add the new members or Not Now if you don’t want to add members yet.