Step-by-step instructions for how to share something from your Google Drive with another person.
In Google Drive, you can share one or more of your files with people by sending them a link to your file or sharing the file with an individual’s email address or a mailing list.
Sharing a file with an email address or mailing list
- Log in to your Google App Account.
- Check the box next to the file or folder you’d like to share.
- Click the Share icon .
- Choose a visibility option: “Private,” “Anyone with the link” or “Public on the web.”
- Type the email addresses of the people you want to share with in the text box below “Add people.” You can add a single person, a mailing list, or choose from your contacts.
- Choose the access level from the drop-down menu next to each collaborator: “Can view,” “Can comment” (Google documents and presentations only), or “Can edit.”
- Click Share & save.