This feature allows any authenticated user (logged in) to access the course, including those who have logged in “as guest”.
Teachers set up a password to the course.
- Access the particular course to which you wish to provide Guest Access.
- Under Settings on the left-hand side, click Users and then click Enrolment methods.
- In the center of pane, choose Guest Access from the drop-down menu.
- Next, in the Guest Access row under the Edit column, click the “closed eye” to enable this feature.
- Under Settings on the left-hand side, click Edit Settings.
- Under the Guest Access heading, change the Allow Guest Access drop-down menu to Yes.
- Enter a password of your choosing.
- Click Save changes at the bottom of the screen.
Teachers should provide the individual course link (like this one: http://moodle.sjy.org/course/view.php?id=100) either via email, their web page, or a newsletter. When the parent clicks on this link, the Moodle site will load.
- Parents should click Login as a guest.
- On the next page, the parents should enter the provided guest password and click Submit it.
- Parents can then view the course.